Your vehicle is a finely tuned machine. Tuning it up when you need to ensures you get the best performance possible. Going without one can cause losses in fuel economy and acceleration. That’s because worn parts and clogged filters can lead to a poor running automobile. On older vehicles that still have carburetors a regular tune up is critical. Running your engine too lean or too rich can strain other parts and lead to failure. When you’re looking for tune ups in Gig Harbor bring your vehicle into Total Performance Inc. We’re so good at what we do we’re trusted by the local racing community and law enforcement alike.
Are you getting the best performance out of your vehicle?
Our staff includes ASE certified technicians that know how to improve the performance of domestic, foreign, classic, and new vehicles. Whether you use spark plugs or glow plugs, we’ll make sure your vehicle is problem free and running smoothly. A tuneup allows our mechanics to inspect crucial areas of your vehicle’s engine. Replacing these can increase your power, torque, and fuel economy.
When should I get a tune up?
Classic Cars – If you don’t have an electronic ignition, come in for a tune up every 10,000 to 12,000 miles,
Modern Cars – Follow your manufacturer recommendations. These typically recommend a tune up every 30,000 miles.
Benefits of a Tune Up
Getting a tuneup is a great way to catch problems in their infancy. Just some of the areas our mechanics will inspect during a tuneup include:
- Inspection – Inspections cover your engine. We’ll look for vacuum leaks and identify worn components that hurt performance and mileage.
- Filter Changes – Air filters, fuel filters, and oil filters all need to be changed regularly. We’ll take care of it for you.
- Spark Plugs – Dirty and misplaced spark plugs can fire incorrectly. Worn glow plugs can lead to non-firing. We replace them and keep you running.
- Emissions – An 02 sensor can throw off your emissions. Replacing it when necessary improves fuel economy and helps you pass emissions testing.
- Systems Test – We can test integral systems like your fuel system, ignitions, and emissions to keep your car in peak shape.
Contact us and get tuned up today.
When you need a tuneup, turn to the Gig Harbor shop that does it right. Our mechanics are just as at home with vintage vehicles as we are with modern ones. Whether your manual date is bringing you in or you’ve noticed a drop in performance, call or contact us today. The quality tune-up you want is waiting for you.